There are some times when I feel like my life is perpetually falling down a flight of stairs. But then, sometimes, my life manages to get up, brush itself off, and put one foot in front of the other. Right now, I’m walking.
My most exciting news is that I’ve found a new job! After multiple Skype interviews where I either had internet issues (not my fault) or I miscalculated the time difference from here to Australia (a little my fault) I will officially be starting a sales and marketing job with a solar energy company in Bangalore. The people seem awesome, I can really get behind who they are and what they do, and overall it seems like a great fit. I couldn’t be more excited. I am also continuing to interview for a higher-level position to potentially start in April. Stay tuned.
I am currently homeless and am once again staying with Veena (who, if you continue the flight of stairs metaphor, would be at the bottom of the stairs in India with some rum every time) <– she rocks. Anyway, my old roommate was crazy. He got kicked out of the apartment for making too much noise. I was subletting (I wasn’t on the lease) so I got kicked out by default. But I have some good leads which I will check out tomorrow. I am also treating myself to a staycation in Bangalore this weekend at a hotel in Koramangala, which will be a nice little treat.
Finally, I am quite excited for Christmas. Though the weather is warm and there isn’t any snow, I have some fun plans with a group of friends which mainly involve eating foods like cheese and sushi, drinking wine and binge-watching the new season of Transparent. Veena got a Christmas tree, her fridge is stocked with chocolate and we’ve already watched Elf, The Grinch and Charlie Brown Christmas. I also mailed a large package out to PA yesterday with lots of goodies. If you live in PA and you are reading this, there is a good chance it’s coming you way! Get excited – a little piece of India will be there soon.
So, as I climb back up the steps this week I will enjoy the view – it’s not too bad 🙂 Here are five other things I will enjoy this week
- Serial – Season 2 is out! I cannot wait to listen.
- Amazon is having great sales on their magazine subscriptions, so I will spend some of my final unemployment hours perusing Time and The New Yorker. This will be even more enjoyable after my Kindle arrives (Merry Christmas to me!!)
- My staycation hotel has a gym, so I will spend some time running WITHOUT worrying about getting run over by crazy drivers.
- I forgot how much I love the Trans Siberian Orchestra -I recommend their Pandora station to get you in the holiday mood
- I got some sweet new shades at Commercial St. I had broken both of my old pairs, which made the last week quite challenging. Finally, some rest for the baby blues.